Illicado is a gift card for both online and offline purchases in selected stores offered by the French acquirer Thunes.
The integration is very easy, as you only have to send one additional parameter along with your request.
When your customers choose this payment method, they are redirected to the Thunes payment portal. There they have to enter the card number and the password that appear on their card. They can combine several cards for a single purchase and even use their credit card for the remaining amount.
- No personal data shared
- Access to gift business and potential extra sales
- Guaranteed payment
- Complementary payments
Add the following properties to a standard CreateHostedCheckout request:
Your customer's e-mail address
requiresApproval: Set to "false" as this payment method allows only direct sale operations
paymentProductId: The numeric identifier of the payment method on our platform. Find this id in the "Overview" chapter. It instructs our platform to send your customers directly to the Thunes portal. If left out, our platform sends your customers to the Hosted Checkout Page instead, allowing them to choose this or any other payment method in your account
Find detailed information about this object and its properties in our HostedCheckoutAPI
- According to the European Anti-Money-Laundering Directive (ALM5), the maximum allowed amount for open loop gift card (a gift card from an issuer that several independent (online) merchants/retailers accept for purchases) transactions is 50€.
- No action from your side is required to ensure you comply to this rule.
- The following message is displayed on the payment page after your customers select this payment method: “Because of regulatory reasons, the charge of your giftcard is limited to 50 EUR per purchase, please use your bank card to cover the remaining amount for your purchase”. They will have to choose on the payment page an amount of up to 50€ to pay by gift card.
- As usual, your customers will then pay any remaining amount not covered by the gift card with their credit card as before.
- Your customers finalse an order in your shop and select Illicado
- You send this CreateHostedCheckout to our platform
- You redirect your customers via the redirectUrl to the Thunes portal. They confirm the order with their gift card credentials (card number and the password). If your customers need to pay a remaining amount, two scenarios are possible:
a. Provided your customers have a Visa/MasterCard, your customers stay on the Thunes payment page where they enter their card credentials. Thunes calculates the amount to pay automatically
b. You initiate a second transaction on your own. For this, you need to calculate the remaining amount by yourself. You may choose any payment method available in your account
- We receive the transaction result
- We redirect your customer to your returnUrl
- You request the transaction result from our platform via GetPayment or receive the result via webhooks
- If the transaction was successful, you can deliver the goods / services